Katie Smigaj, MA, LMFT
Katie Smigaj has a Masters in Counseling Psychology from Saint Martin’s University. She is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist specializing in relationship issues, sexual issues, sex therapy, anxiety, depression, trauma/abuse, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), anger management, and emotional management difficulties. Katie utilizes a Systems perspective in therapy to acknowledge how family dynamics shape each individual as well as Cognitive-Behavioral and Solution based approaches. Along with private practice, Katie worked with the Institute for Family Development for 4 years doing in home therapy for families involved with Child Protective Services. Katie grew up in the Olympia area and enjoys running, snowboarding and drawing in her spare time.
Katie works Monday through Friday, and sees clients via telehealth only.
- M.A. – Masters in Counseling Psychology, Saint Martins University, Olympia, WA.
- B.A. – Bachelors in Science of Psychology, Washington State University, Vancouver, WA
Washington State- LMFT (Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist)
Preferred Insurance Provider for:
- Regence or Regence Blue Shield, Uniform Medical Plan
- Premera or Premera Blue Cross, Lifewise, Federal Employee Program
- Kaiser Permanente Options and PPO (not HMO)
- First Choice and associates(usually says first choice somewhere on card) such as Carpenters Trust, Cement Masons,Teamsters…
Please also refer to our Rates and Insurance page for more detailed information.